A Nest of Gentle Makers Retreats are held at the New Forest Outdoor Centre. Please find below details on access for people with disabilities. The centre and grounds are not fully wheelchair accessible but please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will work with the centre to answer questions relating to disabled acccess. Where possible I would hope to make the retreat accessible to your needs.
ARRIVAL & CAR PARKING FACILITIES
• The main car park is located at the front of the building.
• The car park is a level gravel area, with the closest parking approx 3 metres from the front doors of the Carpenter’s Barn.
• Access from the car park to the front door, starts on the level gravel area, there is then one step down of about 25cm to the paved area in front of the barn. There is then level access to the barn across the paved area to the front doors and around the side of the barn over wooden decking. Lighting aids the route at night.
• Level access is available from the car park on to the west lawn and then onto the paved area in front on the barn. There is then a 20cm threshold at the front barn doors.
• Solid, level floor
• Access with 20cm threshold through rear barn doors to large level wood deck
CARPENTER’S BARN MARQUEE
• Level wood deck floor
• Access over threshold via rear barn double doors or via level decking corridor from paved patio area at the front of the barn and from south decked area
CLOAKROOM FACILITIES AT THE CARPENTER’S BARN
• Both ladies and gentlemen’s facilities are reached via level decking walkway with one 20cm step up to access. Not suitable for wheelchair users.
• Ladies cloakroom has two toilet cubicles and two showers.
• Gentlemens cloakroom has one toilet cubicle, urinal unit and two showers.
• With adequate notice we can arrange for a disabled toilet to be provided on site.
• Each hut sleeps up to 4 bunk style
• Access to the huts is via four steps, each 25cm high
• Steps do not have handrail
• Tipis are situated on the grass lawn
• There are no steps leading into the tipis but the grass lawn is an uneven surface
• The tracks are gravelled and rough in places. The decking can be slippery when wet. The lawns can become muddy during prolonged periods of wet weather.
Activity areas are accessible either via rough gravelled or wood-chipped paths unsuitable for wheelchair users. The activity areas are either set to lawn or wood chip. Please discuss suitability for users with physical restrictions.
• Assistance dogs only may be brought on site. Please let us know if you need to bring an assistance dog with you – owner must take responsibility at all times for any dogs brought on to the site.